Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £25k + company benefits
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across four specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we are seeking a self-motivated, organised and experienced Marketing Analyst to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of Marketing Analyst is responsible for delivering accurate sales data and customer insights, to help drive business growth in line with the overall business objectives.
- To assess customer behaviour and preferences, helping to best shape the sales and marketing activities of the company
- To analyse and monitor marketing activities, reporting on effectiveness and identifying improvements
- To work alongside the marketing team and proactively assist with the integration of data insights and customer feedback into campaign planning and implementation
- Provide insights to drive the ongoing improvement to marketing ROI
- Provide industry, sector and client insight to support our messaging
- Highlight recommendations for best practice processes
- Ensure marketing campaigns include clearly defined targets and KPIs, as well as a robust ‘test and learn’ structure
- Create target data lists focused on where our propositions will generate the greatest impact
- Report performance of all acquisition channels, assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Present meaningful data effectively, using business intelligence (BI) tools and techniques
- Track and present competitor and market insights (including use of industry benchmarks), so that we always stay one step ahead of the competition and offer insightful messaging to target markets
- Interpret data and industry news to spot trends and assist in determining potential markets, product demand and pricing
- Collaborate with our Pricing Analyst and other research teams (internal/external) to analyse data sets across multiple business operations
- Ensure statistical validity
- Assist with preparing reports and observations for business meetings
- Support the budgeting, planning and forecasting process
The successful candidate will be results driven with strong analytical skills and comfortable with reporting and manipulating large amounts of data. They will be educated to degree level or equivalent and have an excellent understanding of databases with experience of query tools such as SQL and SAS. Advanced Excel skills and a working knowledge of Google Analytics and BI systems is essential. Strong commercial awareness and experience of CRM analysis is advantageous. The ability to absorb new information quickly is essential as well as being able to communicate information including complex data and making recommendations at all levels.
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer.