Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Hours: Full Time
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Plymouth
- Salary: £18,000 + Benefits
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across four specialist eCommerce stores. We are seeking a self-motivated, organised and experienced Purchase Ledger Assistant for a high volume, fast paced, rapid growth company at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of the Purchase Ledger Assistant is:
- To perform accounting tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable/receivable transactions and accounts.
- To engage with suppliers to ensure smooth and timely invoice processing and payments.
- To maintain filing and controls to meet company and audit requirements.
- To help develop and improve systems and methods.
- To provide general support within the finance function.
- Responsible for all aspects of purchase ledger.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers in a confident and professional helpful manner.
- Deal with queries and refer or escalate when necessary.
- Process invoices ensuring accuracy of information and referring errors back to supply chain if appropriate.
- Code invoices as required, including overheads.
- Understand nominal ledger structure
- Distribute invoices for authorisation in a controlled manner, drawing attention to potential problems and resolving queries as required.
- Work on own initiative and unsupervised, within defined policies and procedures to set timescales
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Have a flexible/adaptable approach to their work in order to meet various deadlines and accommodate change in a fast-growing environment.
- Reconcile supplier account statements.
- Create payment runs.
The successful candidate will have thorough knowledge of accounts payable and receivable procedures and systems and general accounting procedures. They will have knowledge of VAT requirements and experience of relevant accounting software, knowledge of Sage 200 is desirable. The ability to absorb new information quickly is essential.
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer