Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £25k+ DOE & company benefits
Join one of the biggest and most respected national eCommerce successes in our industry. Construction Materials Online is an online supplier of building materials, sold across four specialist eCommerce stores. As the company is expanding, we are seeking a self-motivated, organised and experienced Warehouse Manager to join our growing team based at our head office in Plymouth.
The position of Warehouse Manager is to ensure the running of the warehouse is efficient with a commitment to continuous improvement in all areas. This position will also manage the warehouse team responsible for picking, packing and dispatching customer orders on time and in full.
- Be responsible for stock availability and re-stocking working together with the Procurement Specialists.
- Ensure efficient and effective packing of customer orders and delivery to customers by the agreed lead time
- Maintain a tidy and organised warehouse space to 5S standards.
- Look at continuously improving warehouse space efficiency.
- Manage and assess departmental processes to identify quality and efficiency improvements. Identify root causes for any failures and implement effective changes to increase productivity.
- Ensure stored products are stored correctly adhering to environmental legislation.
- Ensure accuracy of stock availability in Sage.
- Manage stocktakes as required.
- Manage Health and Safety within the warehouse and ensure that high standards of housekeeping are maintained.
- Ensure orders are despatched through the system and provide customer with relevant tracking information.
- Ensuring racking and equipment certification is kept up to date.
- Ensure warehouse staff receive up to date training
- Review carriers on a regular basis and ensure we have the most competitive service and pricing.
- Perform retendering of carriers every year.
- Act as a first point of contact for the warehouse when required, dealing with routine and specialist enquiries in a pleasant and helpful manner, communicating relevant information to colleagues and referring to others as appropriate.
- Escalate supply issues to the Supply Chain Manager and/or Operations Director.
- Tracking the performance of their team members against KPI’s and providing leadership, engagement, support and motivation to their team to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
The successful candidate will be results driven and will have previous experience of managing a warehouse and staff. They will have an NVQ3 or equivalent in Warehousing and Storage and a management or logistics qualification would also be advantageous. They will be IOSH Managing Safely certified or equivalent, hold a FLT licence and be CoSHH assessment trained. Stock and systems experience are essential and previous experience of Sage is desirable. The ability to absorb new information quickly is essential as well as the ability to manage and deal with change and develop and implement better working practices.
Construction Materials Online is an equal opportunities employer